My primary vault stopped syncing with all my other devices.

Options
JackDewar
JackDewar
Community Member

For instance, my phone has 5 fewer logins than my macbook. I have synced my iPhone, and it says sync successful, but the signons don't change. A have two PCs. One won't sync (same as my phone). The other won't even load the primary vault.

I recently bought this software and I find 1Password to be much more frustrating to use than LastPass. Since I paid good money for it, I'm trying to keep it, but it is beginning to consume more time than it's worth... Any suggestions?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

It will help us to help you if you tell us:

1. what version of 1P you are using on each of your devices (MacBook, PCs and iPhone;
    2. how you sync your devices (in view of the devices you're using I assume it's Dropbox, but please confirm).

You may also need to explain exactly what you mean by:

The other won't even load the primary vault.

Is the vault on the PC? Do you get any error message? (I suspect that particular point may be more for the 1P for Windows forum though.)

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JackDewar ,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling a bit frustrated with 1Password right now, I'll do what I can to get things sorted out for you just as soon as possible!

It would help us a lot if you could answer the questions that Stephen suggested above. The more detail you can provide about where things are getting tangled, the more quickly we'll be able to get it all straightened out.

• JackDewar
    JackDewar
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Stephen & Megan. I was able to figure out the syncing issues I was having. I first ran into the problem of not being able to sync my Apple devices with iCloud. I never realized there it couldn't be done simply because I purchased 1Password on the Agilebits site rather than in the Apple Store. There may have been a warning on the site before my purchase, but I certainly didn't see it. Then I ran into problems syncing using Dropbox which is what my comment was on. That turned out to be a problem with Dropbox (or more accurately my installing same), not 1Password.

Again... Thanks for your help!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JackDewar ,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience here. Again, I'm sorry that it's been less-than-smooth for you.

It is awesome to hear that you're all synced up now. I hope that 1Password works perfectly for you from now on, but if you hit any other snags, we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.