Different passwords at password mini and one password program

Options

Sometimes I use the "password mini" to fill in automatically the passwords. But with my bank account, the app "password mini" use for the first time the wrong (but old) password for the login. If I then log on at normal 1password app then the mini app uses the correct password. I tested it with an other bank account and it was the same. In general: If I log on first at 1password, the problem doesn't exist. If I don't log on on 1password first I have ever the wrong password - the one who I saved in the past.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.3.1
OS Version: 10.10.3
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Totti,

I'm sorry you're having trouble filling info from one of your Login items in 1Password! I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" forum where you'll be able to get more help for this, if necessary.

It sounds like 1Password is filling an older password on one or more sites, depending on the exact steps you take. To make sure we understand what's happening, it will help if you can clarify a couple things:

If I log on first at 1password, the problem doesn't exist.

Do you mean you double-click a Login item in the main 1Password app? Or if not, what are the exact steps you take to "log on first at 1Password"?

But with my bank account, the app "password mini" use for the first time the wrong (but old) password for the login.

What are the exact steps you take to select your Login item from 1Password mini? Do you click the 1Password mini icon on your Mac's menu bar or the browser's toolbar? Or do you use the ⌘\ or ⌥⌘\ keyboard shortcut?

Also, if you open the main 1Password app and find one of those Login items, can you confirm it shows the correct/current password for that website account?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.