Does OS X 10.11 El Capitan REQUIRE 1Password 5? One machine downloaded and installed it one did not

Options
spacegary
spacegary
Community Member

2011 iMac did NOT require upgrade.
2013 iMac DID require upgrade

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.3.1
OS Version: OS X 10.11
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015
    Options

@spacegary As you know, Mac OS 10.11 was just announced Monday and was just released to developers. Our developers are still in San Francisco at WWDC so they haven't had a lot of opportunity to work on Mac OS 10.11 compatibility. This is an extremely early Beta of a new OS, so things are very fluid and we don't officially support it right now. Per Apple: "OS X v10.11 Developer Beta 1 is prerelease software. Do not use this prerelease software in a commercial operating environment or with important data."

We will first offer Mac OS 10.11 support via our Beta channel, so stay tuned to that to see when we start supporting this brand new OS.

• spacegary
    spacegary
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you sir. If it helps, 1PW 5 is working just fine with Firefox on this beta OS.

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @spacegary! I don't use the Beta of new OS's as I only have a single Mac and need it to be rock solid, so that is good to know. :chuffed:

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I read some comments to the effect that Safari is particularly rough in the current beta of OS X 10.11. Maybe that's why Firefox helped.

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Good to know, @hawkmoth.

• Starflyer
    Starflyer
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Spacegary, I just installed Firefox, made it my default browser and still 1Password won't load. Did you delete 1Password and then reinstall it. I wouldn't have take this initial step for the new beta OS if I had know that 1Password would not work with it. So now I'm manually copying passwords off my iPhone to access sites. I semi-worried that 1Password on my iPhone will either not sync or get trashed while I'm waiting for iPassword to supports Safari or Chrome.

• spacegary
    spacegary
    Community Member
    Options

The Firefox extension could not find the program until I downloaded v5. Then all was restored on the browser but you have to restore other preferences like syncing source manually.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hopefully scapegrace's post will help @Starflyer.

Like the others I haven't tried El Capitan as I also need to rely on my Mac. I am curious, given the risks it seems you've taken quite a gamble. Another route with OS X is the use of an external disk. You could install El Capitan on the external allowing you to try it out without risking your real system that you likely rely on. It's just a thought.

I strongly recommend you don't try out iOS 9. Unlike OS X you cannot revert to the stable version of iOS after installing the beta.

This discussion has been closed.