Updated password doesnt show up on Android

Options
mtoto
mtoto
Community Member

I have recently changed my password for Outlook, as requested by 1Password, but it didnt get updated on my Android. "No downloads found" when I clicked the refresh button. Now, I have updated the app to the latest version (5.3.2), and not only it didn't help, it also reset my password for my email account back to what it was before I modified it. So now, I cannot login to my email from neither device, and have no clue what the password was.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• mtoto
    mtoto
    Community Member
    Options

Needless to say, I paid 50$ for the 'Premium' version, but clearly that doesn't cover the Android extension, and if that wasn't enough it wipes out password modifications with each update? What a great product.

• peri
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hey @mtoto. Thanks for contacting us today. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with 1Password, and I'll be happy to help out here. :)

First things first, I'd like you to verify that you changed the password for your Outlook account according to the instructions in this guide:
    https://support.1password.com/change-website-password/

It sounds like what may have happened here is that you changed the password for Outlook, but that that change was never saved to 1Password. If so, that would explain the change not showing up on either the Mac or Android.

I'd like to ask you to create a couple of test items to verify whether sync is working as it should be. Please create a secure note on your Mac called Test 1, and then create a secure note on your Android called Test 2. Let me know if each of those syncs to the other.

I also want to clarify that 1Password 4 for Android is not an extension to 1Password 5 for Mac. We develop 1Password natively on each platform, so 1Password 4 for Android is a wholly separate app, rather than an extension. Further, it's free to download from the Play Store, and fully functional for 30 days. After 30 days, you'll still be able to use 1Password as a reader, which means that you can sync, view, copy, and fill your data. However, unless the premium features are purchased at that point, you won't be able to add new items or edit existing ones on Android. You can read a little more about our per platform model of licensing here.

I hope that clarifies things a bit! Please let us know what you find out with regards to the test items. :) Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.