No Basic Auth (HTTP Auth) prompts support? [Use Auto-Type instead for these prompts]

Options
Cronus
Cronus
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hey guys, I got a problem. 1Password does not recognize popups? Example when I want to login to something and it triggers a popup the 1password is not attached to that window. This means I have to open a new tab go to that site, go to 1password right click on the password and copy and paste back. The 1Password window doesn't have a fill only option either, I think its important you have these 2 things;

1. Fill login info only & Fill and Submit
  2. Popup login support.

Am I doing something wrong or is this how it is?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Cronus I assume you're referring to HTTP auth prompts and you're right -- our (JavaScript-based) web browser extension cannot "hook" into them. That being said, there is a workaround. Make sure the blinking caret is in the username field, then task switch to 1Password, then click on the big Auto-Type button. This should then enter your username and password into the HTTP auth prompt, and optionally submit it. Thanks!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Cronus,

In addition to what Stefan said, if that specific site only handles HTTP auth prompts, you can edit your Login to use Auto-type only and 1Password will fill into that browser window as long as you focus the username field and then press Control + \.

This discussion has been closed.