Should I Synch on Dropbox? And how do I setup AGAIN?

jdouglasj
jdouglasj
Community Member

Currently, I synch OnePassword using Dropbox. I hope that is fine because I don't know how to change it, but let me know if there are any problems with a Dropbox synch.

I had all kinds of problems with an iPad backup, and so I erased everything and just started over on that iPad from scratch. Factory settings, factory content. I went to the App store and downloaded OnePassword from my previous purchases. Now when I sign onto OnePassword it asks me if I want to create a new vault or synch to an existing one. I choose the latter, and then I say I want to synch with Dropbox.

Question (probably stupid question): So I'm just going to enter my username and password and I'm good to go, right? The reason I'm asking this is because OnePassword is taking me through a new install. I have this fear that I could possibly wipeout all my passwords by doing this. I'm doubt it, but I just want a OnePassword employee to tell me "Sure, go ahead!"

1Password Version: iOS 5.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 8.3 (12F69)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jdouglasj ,

First of all, I just wanted to assure you that there are no stupid questions here. This is your important password data we're dealing with, so we're more than happy to answer any question that you might have so that you are confident using 1Password to protect your data. :)

So I'm just going to enter my username and password and I'm good to go, right?

If your 1Password data is stored in Dropbox, our User Guide on Setting up 1Password as an existing user can walk you through that process in detail. You may need to allow 1Password to have access to your Dropbox account (by entering your Dropbox account information), then 1Password will detect your data in Dropbox, allow you to choose a vault if there are multiple datafiles present and prompt you for your Master Password.

Please let me know if you hit any snags in the process!

This discussion has been closed.