OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @1passwordnotgood,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "Add for 1Password OSX delete individually the login in trash", would you mind elaborating on that? It sounds like you have a feature request involving the Trash in 1Password, but I'm afraid I don't know exactly what you had in mind. If you can give us a more specific description of what you'd like to be able to do, that would help us out. Thanks! :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @1passwordnotgood,

I can not delete the logins in trash. Only empty Trash.

Do you mean you're having trouble trying to empty the Trash in 1Password? You should be able to simply right-click on the Trash (at the bottom of the left sidebar in the main app) and choose "Empty Trash...". You'll be asked to confirm that you want to permanently delete the items in the Trash. That will delete all the items that are in the Trash, regardless of whether they are Logins or other types of items. If you're running into a problem trying to do that, please describe what happens.

I feel that I may have misunderstood your message, though. If so, please do let us know exactly what you are trying to do or would like to do in 1Password. The more details you can give us, the better. Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @1passwordnotgood ,

Thanks for clarifying! 1Password's trash is actually designed to work the same way as the Trash on OS X. You'll notice that in the Trash on OS X, you cannot delete individual items (I just tested to make sure!) You can either restore the item to its original place, or empty the entire Trash.

When designing 1Password's trash, we thought it was best to keep the behaviour the same as OS X so that users would already know what to expect. The trash in 1Password, just like in OS X, is a safety net in case you accidentally hit 'delete' on an item that you still need.

If you find yourself using the trash in 1Password more like an archive, where you store old items that you're not really ready to completely get rid of, I would suggest creating an Archive vault instead. It's a great way to keep those old items out of your way, while still keeping them stored 'just in case'.

I hope this helps!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @1passwordnotgood,

As Megan has mentioned, it is not possible to delete individual items from Trash in 1Password for Mac (or in OS X). We do have a feature request filed for this and I've added your "interest-vote" to it. Thank you for the suggestion!

ref: OPM-1418

This discussion has been closed.