is there any way to fill my password in android apps? 1pass keyboard and 1pass UX!

liran
liran
Community Member

First of all, I'm Using swiftkey keyboard in Hebrew, so i cant use the built in 1Password keyboard.
So, is there any chance to see any kind of cooperation and add 1password key/shotcut to swfitkey that will open 1password? it will make things much (!!!!) more easy (or at least add other lang support?). i would definitely give up the ~ key away from my android app!

I've tried to solve the problem that "No logins found for com.clal.general" by adding new login and new website name "com.clal.general" in order to save steps 8-12 from the following list.
The app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.clal.general&hl=en

Right now i need to do some really annoying steps in order to fill in my credentials:

1. scroll notification screen.
  2. press on keyboard.
  3. change keyboard to 1passkey.
  4. press the username field again.
  5. press the "abc" key.
  6. press the vault key.
  7. enter my (LONG!) master 1password (any chance just to ask me for 4 digit pin while im inside the filling process?)
  8. press the search key
  9. type the website name
  10. press the website name
  11. fill username
  12. fill password
  13. submit.
  14. scroll notification again.
  15. change keyboard to swiftkey.

maybe to add permanent notification that will open 1password every time that pre-defined app is open? for example, i choose several apps that i know that i need to type in my password (bank, savings, etc..), and only when those apps are open, ill have notification by 1password.

1password for android for android (without fingerprint), for apps and not for web, while you use other language and not english, need to be simplify. adding english 1pass keyboard is a great step towards easy and floating UX.

Thanks for reading!

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: android 4.4.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @liran. Thanks for contacting us today with your feedback and question! :)

We are definitely hoping to improve our keyboard, and language support is high on the priority list there. I'll go ahead and add your vote. ref: OPA-504

We've also heard from customers who would like us to add 1Password filling into third party keyboards. This is an excellent suggestion, and I've forwarded it to our developers for their consideration. ref: OPA-552

That said, the keyboard should respect the security settings you have enabled, so if you have a PIN code set, you should be asked for a PIN code when logging in using the keyboard (provided that you have not fully exited the app). Do you have a PIN code set in Settings > Security? If so, how are you exiting 1Password (e.g. pressing the home key, or fully exiting the app)?

Let me know what you find out! Thanks!

• liran
    liran
    Community Member

Yes I do use the pin code, i use it just as i described the previous message, but now instead of password, i use the pincode, but not all the time i was asked for the pin, several times i was asked to type my password. (still need to chage keyboard twice).
    When im done with filling the forms, I just switch back to the other keyboard. Not using the home/back/menu key

What about integration with the other apps? You didn't replied to this topic.

• Hi again! Thanks for the update.

Regardless of what you have set under your Security preferences (PIN code, never lock, etc.) there are certain times when 1Password will ask you for the master password. Namely, this will happen when the app is fully exited, either manually, after a reboot, or if the system closes it due to a lack of resources.

If you're being prompted for the master password, please first verify whether it was simply moved to the background, or if it was fully exited and relaunched. Let us know if it's prompting you for the master password after simply being moved to the background.

Also, we've added a keyboard shortcut to the 1Password keyboard which will allow you to switch back to your preferred keyboard quickly. Just long press on the space bar, and you'll be shown your input options.

I'll forward your suggestion to have 1Password notifications for when you have an app open that 1Password has a login for. Thanks!

Let us know if you have any further questions or if you continue to have issues with being prompted for the master password!

• liran
    liran
    Community Member

@peri Thanks for the answer.

I still dont get why you ignore my question about passwords for apps.

some websites have thier own apps, so in order to login to the app i need to type same login username and pass, BUT when i open the 1pass from the app, i see "No logins found", so i have to type in the website's name again and again.

I've tried to solve the problem that "No logins found for com.clal.general" (i want to be able to open 1pass and to see right away my login username) by adding new login and new "website" name "com.clal.general" in order to see the login right when i open the app (without search the website's name each time).
    The app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.clal.general&hl=en

so now actually i have login to the website itself and also duplicated login credentials for the "website" (apps name, cos "no logins found", right?) com.clal.general.
    still when i open 1pass from the app, i need to look for the password, it not showing up right away.
    how to fix it?

Thanks

• I apologize--I didn't mean to ignore your question. I think I may have misunderstood your previous post. Thanks for reiterating! :)

I was able to install the Clal app and verify that no login was detected using either the com.clal.general URL, or https://www.clalbit.co.il/Pages/default.aspx, which was the URL I found for the main site.

I'll forward this to our developers so they can have a look.
    ref: OPA-597

Thanks for reporting this to us! Let us know if you have any other questions, or if there's anything else I've missed. :)

• liran
    liran
    Community Member

@peri Its not only with Clal.
    Why im not able to manually add login to the app com.clal so that 1pass will find it in no time?
    Im sure that many apps out there fits clal profile.
    Thanks again,
    Liran

• saad
    edited July 2015

Hi Liran! Peri opened an internal issue tracker for our developers to review! We hope to resolve this issue soon.

• liran
    liran
    Community Member

:)
    Big like, Thanks!

• saad
    edited July 2015

We contacted our developers to get a better understanding of the issue and here’s what we learned.

The reason why you are not able to locate your Clal Insurance login in our filling interface is because the package name of the app does not completely match the domain. Let’s use the Clal Insurance app as an example. The website is www.clalbit.co.il and the package name of the app is com.clal.general.

We try to create a package name based on the website of the login item by stripping off www and reversing the domain name, which gives us il.co.clalbit. Since the package name of the Clal Insurance Android app is different from il.co.clalbit, it does not match with the login item.

As a workaround, you can change the URL of the login item to http://general.clal.com and it should match fine. In the future, we will be looking into adding support for multiple URLs for a single login item that will give users better flexibility with linking web domains and package names.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.