Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dga,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password! Could you tell me a little bit more about how things are not working? I know this sounds a bit strange, but here are some examples of information that would be helpful:

• What version of 1Password are you using on your iOS device?
    • What version of iOS are you using?
    • How are you accessing the site? Are you viewing it in mobile Safari and activating the 1Password browser extension or are you tapping the URL in your Login item and opening the item in 1Browser?
    • Do you use 1Password on any other devices?
    • How did you create and save the Login for this site? (Did you manually enter the details or use the 'save new Login' function in the extension?)
    • What does 'not working' look like? Is 1Password unable to open the webpage? Does 1Password fail to fill some or all fields? Do you see an error message?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get to the bottom of this. Thanks for your help!

• dga
    dga
    Community Member

I am using latest versions of IOS and 1password ( Paid ).
    Unable to save userid and password manually also.
    Please try at your end and you will come to know about the reasons.
    I think you have not tried this, please do that and help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dga,

Please understand that the reason we request these details is so that we can test precisely the same process that you are using. 'Not working' is a very general term and could apply to all sorts of fail conditions. If you provide us with the steps that you have taken we can more easily follow in your footsteps and hopefully re-create exactly what you are seeing. And that is the first step in determining exactly where things are getting tangled up.

So far, 1Password fills fine for me on this site, both on Mac and iOS. Here's what I have done:

• I visited the website on my Mac.
    • I entered some dummy information and saved a new Login.
    • I tested filling on my Mac - 1Password filled as anticipated.
    • I opened 1Password on my iOS device.
    • I found the test Login and tapped the URL.
    • The webpage opened in 1Browser and filled as expected.
    • I went back to the item view in 1Password on iOS, tapped and held the URL to bring up the context menu and selected the 'open in Safari' option for the web address.
    • Safari opened the web page.
    • I tapped on the 'Share' sheet and brought up the 1Password app extension.
    • I selected the test Login.
    • The data filled as expected.

Now, I'm using the beta version of the iOS app, and I've run into a different bug so I'm currently unable to test with a Login created on the iOS app. If you could explain in a bit more detail the steps that you are taking and what precisely you are seeing that is different than the tests that I've already done, I would be more than happy to investigate further.

• dga
    dga
    Community Member

Still Not working, i have saved manually also but it is not working. Tried this on Windows also but same result.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dga,

I'm so sorry to hear that this is still giving you trouble! Unfortunately, we still don't have a lot of detail to work with. I'll need to know more about exactly what you're seeing because in all my tests so far, this site seems to behave as expected.

• Are you seeing an error message from the site when you fill that tells you that the information filled is incorrect?
    • Is 1Password failing to fill one or more of the fields?

Here are the steps that I took to save a new Login using the 1Password app extension. This new Login item filled correctly in mobile Safari, so I would suggest that you follow these steps and let me know if you see the same results as I do.

• Select 1Password

• Unlock if necessary
    • Select the 'new Login' option

• Your details are already populated, give the item a unique title and tap 'Save'

After saving this item, I cleared the fields from the Login page in mobile Safari, and then tested this new item:

• Open the Share sheet and select 1Password
    • Unlock (if necessary)
    • Select the item you just created
    • 1Password fills the details, as expected.

I hope that this helps you to get a working Login for this site in 1Password 5 for iOS!

• dga
    dga
    Community Member

Megan

First of all, Thanks a lot for your prompt efforts and replies.
    Still unable to use, i don"t know the reason. The method you explained above is tried by me many times. I tried same on iphone,ipad and windows.
    The issues is when i fill details in website manually and try to same in 1password through login, the 1password do not picks up the data from the website and save icon do not activate.!
    The image is also attached for reference.
    Thanks for help.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dga,

The URL in your image doesn't match the one you supplied in the first post. Now I did try replacing the IP address with www.christuniversity.in but that returned a service temporarily unavailable suggesting the two aren't equal.

Unlike Megan I'm running version 5.4.3 of 1Password for iOS, the latest stable available and when I visit the exact URL you posted at the start and follow the steps for manually saving a Login item as covered in Create a new Login item in Safari, the username and password I type into the page are filled in when I go to save a Login item via the extension.

My gut instinct is that something different might be happening on whatever page your image pertains to, can I ask what that URL is please.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dga,

Thanks so much for providing the URL! Looks like Little Bobby is correct - something different is happening on the site that you're using. With this site, I'm seeing the same thing as you: 1Password is unable to fill the details. Is the site you mentioned in your original post an alternate login page? If so, I would recommend using this while we investigate why filling is failing on the main login page.

This discussion has been closed.