New User - Feature Queries

Options
Colin_Lloyd
Colin_Lloyd
Community Member

Hi - I am a new user finding my way around on my iOS devices first - a few queries.....

1 - I cannot see credit card details in my categories - only logins and identities
2 - the supported apps seems limited - is there a plan for more mainstream apps to be included eg LinkedIN, Amazon, etc - can use website but not use credentials for app interface
3 - is the mechanism for "non-supported" apps to cut and paste credentials ? This is the only way I have found (sorry if missing something)
4 - Where a website has more than 2 fields of username and password there seems to be a bug in "auto fill" eg for EasyJet it uses Username, Password, Reference - the auto fill enters username into the 3rd field (reference) and so is not recognised as valid entry
5 - When trying to use iCloud synch on iPad then doesn't seem to recognise logged in even though confirmed that logged into iCloud (and drive). Dropbox is fine - using this

Thanks

Colin

1Password Version: 5.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 8.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Features

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Colin_Lloyd I have deleted your duplicate post. In response to your questions:

1. Have you enabled the pro features by the in-app purchase?
    2. It's up to app developers to incorporate the 1Password extension. It's not something AgileBits can do unilaterally. See this knowledge base article.
    3. Do you have 1P for Mac? If so, does the website work properly using that? If not, the usual solution for problems like this is to re-create and save the login manually (although you're going to be able to do that only if you have 1P for Mac).
    4. This knowledge base article may help you:

Troubleshooting iCloud sync issues

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi @Colin_Lloyd ,

Thanks so much for giving 1Password a try, I hope you're enjoying it so far!

Has Stephen's post helped you at all? He's given you some good articles to read through there. I'll just add a few extra points to fill in some more details:

1 - I cannot see credit card details in my categories - only logins and identities

Credit cards should be a default category, but you might not see them in your list until you create one - have you saved any credit card items into 1Password?

3 - is the mechanism for "non-supported" apps to cut and paste credentials ? This is the only way I have found (sorry if missing something)

As Stephen mentions, it is up to the app itself to implement the 1Password app extension. If an app hasn't implemented the extension, you will want to copy and paste your password from 1Password into the app. 1Password makes this easy with a swipe-to-copy feature available in the list view - you don't have to tap into the item details and press to copy, just swipe right across the item to get a 'copy password' option.

Of course, we hope that one day every app has implemented our extension, but until this magical day, I hope this helps!

4 - Where a website has more than 2 fields of username and password there seems to be a bug in "auto fill" eg for EasyJet it uses Username, Password, Reference - the auto fill enters username into the 3rd field (reference) and so is not recognised as valid entry

As Stephen mentions, manually saving a Login on the desktop is a great way to teach 1Password which fields it needs to fill. There is also a 'save new Login' option in the 1Password app extension in Safari. Try this:

• Go to the website in mobile Safari
    • Type in your details in all 3 fields
    • Tap the 'Share' sheet and open the 1Password app extension
    • Tap 'Create new Login'

1Password should save all fields correctly. If you're still having difficulty, we'd love to see the URL of the site so we can do some testing on our end to see if we can improve 1Password's behaviour.

5 - When trying to use iCloud synch on iPad then doesn't seem to recognise logged in even though confirmed that logged into iCloud (and drive). Dropbox is fine - using this

Dropbox is a great way to keep things in sync. But if the document that Stephen provided hasn't given you an answer and you would still like to try iCloud sync, please let us know, we'd be happy to troubleshoot this with you! :)

• Colin_Lloyd
    Colin_Lloyd
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan

Thanks - actually Stephens comments weren't a great help

1 - I haven't signed up for pro and don't need to for credit card. I have now found the option thanks

2 - I understand it is up to developers to enable 1password extension for apps. My question was as to whether you had a pro-active campaign to try and get mainstream apps to include this feature. Many of those on the current list do not seem to be of mainstream usage in UK

3 - I am not a Mac user and identified I was using on iOS devices. From your response I see that the mechanism is copy and paste as I had sumised. I had found the swipe to copy password but I still need to copy and paste username ?

4 - I think I follow - have tried and seems to save details - will need to try on some other sites as well

5 - I had done all the checks and am not a Mac user. I was looking to use iCloud sync between iOS devices. I now have Dropbox implemented so will stick with that as that is what I will need if I decide to move to Windows devices as well

6 - New query - why isn't 1password built into the login for this forum -or am I missing something ?

Best Regards

Colin

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

6 - New query - why isn't 1password built into the login for this forum -or am I missing something?

Access to these forums is via a web browser, and 1Password can indeed fill your credentials here to get you logged in. You use Safari to navigate to the signin page, tap the Share icon (square with up arrow), and if you haven't already done so, activate the 1Password extension. If you haven't activated the extension, see the next paragraph. Assuming it already is active, tap the 1Password icon in the second row of options, and then tap the line for your 1Password login record. That will fill in your username and password. iOS does not permit automatic submission, so you will have to tap that option on the login page.

If you have not activated the extension, when you tap that Share icon, tap the More option all the way to the right of the second row of options and there turn on the 1Password extension. On that screen you can also control the order in which the options on that second row appear when you next ask for them. If you're like me, you'll move that to the top of the list so that next time you need to log in somewhere, the 1Password extension will be first in the second row.

Edit - There are illustrations about using the extension in iOS on this page.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Colin_Lloyd: Indeed, Megan, Stephen_C, and hawkmoth have provided a lot of good information — such that it may take some time to digest — but be sure to let us know if you have any followup questions. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.