When I try to login to a website, click on 1Password, the dropdown menu loads but is hidden under wi

RoyB
RoyB
Community Member

...under the window so to see it I must got back to the desktop. This happened after I updated to the latest version when propmted to do so.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.584
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 8.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password hidden behind window

Comments

• @RoyB - I'm so sorry that the 1Password extension dropdown is hidden behind the browser window. Can you let us know what browser you are using - Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer. Thanks!

• Hi @RoyB,

It sounds like you're using Chrome in the Windows 8 mode, is that right? If yes, we don't support that mode. If you use the regular mode of Chrome, 1Password will appear on top as expected.

• RoyB
    RoyB
    Community Member

Yes. It is Chrome and windows 8.1. Thank you both for you thoughts, but 1 Password has been working fine on this laptop for months. It was only a couple days ago that the touble began. Perhaps an update for either windows, chrome or 1Password caused the problem. I was about to get Windows 10. What impact will that have? What browsers will be supported?

• MikeT
    edited July 2015

Hi @RoyB,

Can you clarify if you are using Chrome in the Windows 8 mode (ChromeOS interface)? We never supported this in the past, so nothing should've changed here.

As for Windows 10, you might find our blog post here useful: https://blog.agilebits.com/2015/07/29/1password-windows-10/

We support the same sets of browsers as we do on Windows 8: Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari and Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10. MS Edge is the only exception as it does not provide any extension support right now.

Beside the browsers, 1Password will work the same way as it does on Windows 8.1, we have no known issues and we've tested it long before the official release.

• RoyB
    RoyB
    Community Member

Not ChromeOS interface. Windows 8.1 with Chrome and IE 11 extensions though all I usually us is Chrome browser. I have another pc with windows 7 and that is working fine with 1Password. I have uninstalled 1Password and the extension and reinstalled both but problem persists

• Hi @RoyB,

I'm not able to reproduce this issue on Windows 8.1, the 1Password menu shows up on top of Chrome. You also said it didn't happen on your Windows 7 PC, which makes me suspect it is a third party factor on your Windows 8.1 PC.

Do you recall installing anything new on that PC before this problem started? Maybe a window management tool that could move windows around for you?

Maybe we should wait until you install Windows 10 before we go deeper as you mentioned you have plans to upgrade that specific PC?

• RoyB
    RoyB
    Community Member

Not that I recall. MS tech support worked on my computer remotely and I suspect they did something. I need to work on other issues with them so will let them see what settings may have been changed. Thatnks for you patience and help.

• Hi, @RoyB,

Can you try Internet Explorer and see if 1Password pops up on top or behind. The menu is the same between all browsers, it would be interesting to see how it behaves with Internet Explorer.

This discussion has been closed.