Login issue after changing password

Options
solitaryman1
solitaryman1
Community Member

I changed my password on the Amazon website. The site told me it was a successful change and the 1Password Update Login came up and asked if I wanted to Update existing Login on Amazon. I hit Update. I logged out of Amazon and it wouldn't accept the new password when I tried to log back in. I hovered over the Amazon details box and it revealed my new password. Sure enough, it was there. I put in my old password and I got in. Need some help here.

1Password Version: 5.5
Extension Version: 4.4.2
OS Version: 10.10.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hello @solitaryman1,

Am I understanding correctly, 1Password correctly saved your new password but to access Amazon you need to supply your old password, the one that even Amazon said was no longer working? That's all kinds of weird if that's true. I can only assume that it was a glitch at Amazon's end as while we do interact with you when we believe we see a password change, it's quite passive in terms of the interaction between the page and us. If your old password is still working I would consider going through the change password steps again and see what happens. Hopefully everything goes smoothly this time but please do keep us informed either way or if I've misunderstood the situation please do correct me :smile:

• solitaryman1
    solitaryman1
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, you got it right. Amazon has no restrictions whatsoever on alpha-numeric or symbols. The limit on all characters is 128. I pushed all the slide bar arrows to the right (maxed out). I'm going to try again with the minimum amount, 8. I'll get back to you.

• solitaryman1
    solitaryman1
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm. It looks like you are correct re the issue being on Amazon.s end. The difference now is that Amazon sent me an email telling me I successfully changed my password. The last time it didn't. I have to remember, for the future, to make sure I get a confirmation email. Thanks for ur advice.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @solitaryman1,

I'm glad it worked for you the second time! It's really strange that Amazon would have told you the password was changed the first time even though it really wasn't. It sounds like an issue on Amazon's side of things though, so I'm afraid I don't know why that would have happened. Fortunately, 1Password keeps a record of your previous password when you change it to a new one, which helps in a situation like this.

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you need anything else, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.