I keep receiving a notification "Contents.js updated"

Options
LilBang
LilBang
Community Member

I just started syncing 1Password in my DropBox Account from my iMac. I have done this before successfully.

I then synced to two MacBook Pro's and 3 iOS devices running both dropBox and 1password. The iOS devices seem to have sinced correctly, however on the iMac and MacBook's I get the attached screenshot 307 that slides onto the screen at the top right of the screen, in the notification area for 4 seconds then goes away for 10 seconds, then back in.
I clicked on the click to view and screenshot the results. The password sync appears to be accurate as the number of log-ins and items is the same

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:Re-curring message from DropBox on my monitor "Contents .js updated

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LilBang: Yep. Any time you make a change to an item the contents will be updated. But that appears to be a conflicted copy which Dropbox is creating due to some discrepancy with your iMac's Dropbox data — possibly due to timestamps.

Now, typically this is harmless and will just work itself out as Dropbox synchronizes, but if this continues in perpetuity, you may want to contact Dropbox to find out how to put a stop to these conflicts. Cheers! :)

• LilBang
    LilBang
    Community Member
    Options

Thank You, I just changed many items in 1Password. Benn working on it for two days to get all my passwords secure. I changed allot of files, then panicked when I got the conflicting info. notification. Sync was doing exactly what you said it worked itself out.
    Sorry to waist everyones time. I appreciate the help
    Chuck

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Greetings @LilBang,

Given what the data we're handling represents and how important sync is you're not wasting anybody's time in asking. It is possible for a sync container e.g. our Agile Keychain to on occasion become corrupted up and require some intervention to get everything sorted out. Constant conflicts might be one clue this is happening and we're here to help in those cases. So please do let us know if Dropbox doesn't settle down after a while but if you have been making a lot of changes it might just be the churn from 5 devices interacting with a number of modifications.

I'm glad you found the forums and that you came asking :smile:

This discussion has been closed.