Is it possible to sort my favorites, e.g. in alphabetical order?

Is it possible to sort my favorites, e.g. in alphabetical order?

Comments

• @cegcs - In the 1Password main app, you can sort by any field order by clicking on the field title. Click once for ascending order, and then again for descending order. In the 1Password browser extension, favorites are ordered by the date that they were added. So the most recently added favorite will be listed last.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2015

@cegcs What @LauraR says. If you want to sort your favorites in any order (not necessarily alphabetical) than you can right-click on them in the app and then click on: "Move Up" (or: "Move Down"). The web browser extension should then respect your custom order.

• cracker
    cracker
    Community Member

Is there some way to have the browser add-on/plug-in 'respect alphabetical order' if that how you sort favorites in the app? Everyday I find myself hunting through favorites in the browser extension. It drives me mad.

-1 Password Windows 4.6.0.585, Firefox 40.0.3 / extension 4.4.2, Chrome 45.0 / extension 4.4.3.90

• Interesting. This works flawlessly for me. If I reorder my favourites using the context menu, the changes are reflected in the Firefox extension and Chrome extension immediately.

Can you please try restarting the 1Password Helper ('Help > Restart 1Password Helper') and check if this causes the favourites to be shown in the right order in the browser extensions?

• cracker
    cracker
    Community Member
    edited September 2015

Thanks for your response Alex. I restarted 1Password helper and closed and reopened the browsers. No effect. I AM using Dropbox to sync. Does that cause a problem?

• Hi @Cracker,

Can you do this:

1. Open the main 1Password program, go to the File Menu > Exit
    2. Open 1Password again, select Favorites on the sidebar but do not sort anything, can you tell me if it actually shows you the right order or did it revert to showing you the same order as the extension?
  • cracker
    cracker
    Community Member

Thanks @MikeT When I did that, the main program reverted to showing me the same order as the extension.
    In another thread, someone shared that order as the timeline when logins were added.

• Hi @cracker,

Ok, now that you see the same order, do not click on the column headers to change the sorting. Go to the first Login item you see and move it down, did it update the order in the extension?

• cracker
    cracker
    Community Member

@MikeT YES! It did update. Does this mean that I need to manually sort the favorites logins in the program for it to be seen sorted in the browser extension?

• Hi @cracker,

Yes, just do not click on the column headers when you do so. If you click on the column headers to sort, 1Password will ignore the favorite index file and not write any changes to it. That's why you have to terminate the program to reset it back to reading the favorite index file and update it.

The extension is based on reading that same favorite index file.

• cracker
    cracker
    Community Member

uh-huh. Pretty funky. Thanks for helping me solve a real head scratcher.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sorry about that! Indeed, this was a recent addition, so there are a few cases that can cause some confusion. I'm glad that helped! :)

This discussion has been closed.