why do lots of new browser logins go to the "Unassigned" category?

I have a lot of unassigned logins and other types, but mostly login items. Why can't i change this when it asks if i want to auto-save and it forces it to be unassigned?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.585
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:why do browser logins go to unassigned

Comments

• PepperGypsy
    PepperGypsy
    Community Member

Also, please help me understand how i can deal with these? Some are in my logins, but some need to be there. How can i get them over to the Logins?

• Hi @PepperGypsy,

I have a lot of unassigned logins and other types, but mostly login items.

That's true for majority of our users, there is no need to assign an item to anything, Unassigned is a search filter that looks for items that you haven't moved into a folder. There is no need to put all of your items into folders if you don't use folders that much.

Why can't i change this when it asks if i want to auto-save and it forces it to be unassigned?

You can, it's in the Folder setting on the auto-save prompt, like in this screenshot:

Also, please help me understand how i can deal with these?

You don't have to do anything, you can leave it unassigned for all of your items and nothing will happen. Some folks have asked us to help show them all the items that are not in any folders, thus we've created this smart folder to find these items.

Some are in my logins, but some need to be there. How can i get them over to the Logins?

I'm not sure what you mean here, can you explain what you're asking? Login items will always be in Logins, you cannot move it anywhere else and assigning a Login item to a folder, does not remove it from Logins, it just puts a reference to that Login in a folder.

• PepperGypsy
    PepperGypsy
    Community Member
    edited September 2015

First, the folder option in that screen shot is always grayed out. I cannot select from a drop down. It must be because I haven't created any folders yet.
    For the second question; If i use password generator and copy/paste it I sometimes get a Login item in the Unassigned folder without a username for a website. Seems the only way to get 1Password to auto-fill and log me in is to copy the password, logout and start a fresh login all over. Then it asks to save it. I was finding several Login in my Unassigned folder without full credentials, so just I just need to do some clean up to complete everything.

I don't know everything about 1Password, but it's pretty easy to catch on and this is a nice support community. You guys are posting pretty quickly, so thanks!

• That's right.

This discussion has been closed.