Missing information from items [only certain fields and item types are supported]

jamesearl63
jamesearl63
Community Member
edited September 2015 in Apple Watch

I created two secure notes. Opening the secure note on my Apple Watch, it tell me to modify the details on my iPhone. I followed all the instructions to enable the app on my phone.
Please respond to my email address associated with my account.as all my Agile logon IDs are not working right.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Problem with the Apple Watch Application

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2015

Please respond to my email address associated with my account.as all my Agile logon IDs are not working right.

@jamesearl63: Sorry for the confusion! You won't actually have an 'account' with AgileBits, though of course you can have a forum login. If you can be more specific regarding the 'account' issue you're referring to, I'll be happy to help with that as well!

For your Apple Watch issue, please try the following:

1. Uninstall 1Password on your iPhone in the Watch app
    2. Open 1Password on your iPhone and turn off Apple Watch (in Settings > Apple Watch > Enable Apple Watch)
    3. Restart both Apple Watch and iPhone
    4. Enable Apple Watch in 1Password on the iPhone
    5. Install the app in Watch on the iPhone

It sounds like you may have encountered this issue as I did — after updating to watchOS 2.0. This resolved the issue for me. Please let me know if this helps!

I'll respond via email as well, since you indicated that you'd prefer that, but I also wanted to post publicly so that others can benefit. Cheers! :)

ref: QZD-95394-221

• jamesearl63
    jamesearl63
    Community Member

I replied to your email but will continue to work in this forum. Basically I upgraded to iOS 2.0 and applied your steps but still have the same problem. What I finally realize is that I was never filling out the notes field which may be why it was complaining. Here's the strange thing, when I add a OTP password, it displays on the watch even with nothing in the notes field. However, when I add any other field and fil in the notes field, only the note field displays on the watch. The other added fields does not display. Is this how it's suppose to work? The secure notes display all fields when viewing in the iPhone.

• Hi @jamesearl63, yes, this is how it is supposed to work. 1Password for Apple Watch can currently only display fields we have told it to. This will exclude any custom field as we can't code it to show that at this time.

In a Secure Note, only the Notes field is brought over to Apple Watch. I cannot utilize custom fields at this point.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jamesearl63: You can find more details in the Security of 1Password for Apple Watch knowledgebase articleon what items and fields are currently supported on Apple Watch (as well as other great security information). Again, I'm sorry I wasn't clear that you were asking about custom fields, but I hope this helps clarify things! :)

• jamesearl63
    jamesearl63
    Community Member

Thank Brenty and Chrisdj for your very helpful comment. Brenty I read Apple Watch knowledge base several times when the 1Password app was launched. But i never read passed the Further Details section. Go figure. Had I read it, I would've been able to answer my own question.

Just to let you know what stated all this. I needed to store my voice mail passcode so I figure I'd put it in a secure note and add the password field. Silly me. All I had to do was add it as a password type

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jamesearl63: Ah, sorry for the confusion! To be fair, there's a lot of information there to digest, so unless you happen to be security-obsessive, it's only natural that you might miss some details — which of course only become relevant when you're having trouble later on...and of course that's where we come in! It does no harm and a lot of good, as someone else might have the same question and find this in a search in the future. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.