Custom sections and labels not appearing

Options
cytotoxic
cytotoxic
Community Member

Hello everyone, I believe there is a bug in the current version of 1Password where custom labels are not displayed as expected.
To reproduce this problem I created a new login, then added several custom labels and passwords to a new custom titled section as shown below:

Then save the login. Only one label is displayed.

Entering the edit mode revels all the labels, so the data is there, just not displayed.
Similarly when the login is synced to iOS version of 1password, the custom labels are not displayed.

The reason for creating a custom section such as this is to store app specific passwords.

Cheers

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• eva_s
    eva_s
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cytotoxic,

I tried replicating your issue, but I wasn't able to. However, since you didn’t indicate what version of 1Password you are running and on what version of OSX, it is possible that I tested it on a different version than you are using.

Can you please tell me a little more about your setup so that I may do some further testing and help you figure out what is going on?

Thank you in advance.

• cytotoxic
    cytotoxic
    Community Member
    Options

Hi sorry about that, my version numbers are:

1Password
    Version 5.3 (530029)
    Mac App Store

and

Version 6.0.1 (601004)

I have an iMac and MBP, I can reproduce the problem on both with a vault that is synced via NAS share. I haven't tried it on a new vault, so I'll try that.

Here is the same problem on my iPad:
    Displays only first custom label

Editing the login reveals the other labels

This login was wifi synced from my iMac

• cytotoxic
    cytotoxic
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again, so I created a new vault and it seems to be working as intended in that. Seems to be a problem with my primary vault, but thankfully it should be easy to migrate my logins over. Sorry for the trouble.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cytotoxic,

I'm glad it's all working correctly in a new vault! I don't know exactly why the problem happens in your Primary vault, but it sounds like migrating your data to a new vault should take care of that. If you haven't already done so, be sure you have a backup of your data before trying something like that, just in case anything goes wrong. From the main 1Password app, go to File > Backup. That will open the Backup preferences and show all your backups, including the new one you just made.

If you need any help with the new vault, please let us know. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.