Missing category

Options
dnvie
dnvie
Community Member

Hi there,

Is there a way to create a main category for devices? Or can you please add one in your next update. I would like to store important information like serial, EMEI code, and much more.

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:categories

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @dnvie,

The best way to do this is to add any new fields you want to an entry (of whatever existing category best suites your needs), and add a Tag that identifies the "type" of thing it is - that is, your new Category. Then, create a Smart Folder that tests for this value in the tag. Voilà - your new category shows up as a folder.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @dnvie,

So sadly I can't bring good news. Our categories are hardcoded and due to compatibility reasons this isn't as easy to change as it feels like it should be. What I will say is we do know it's a popular request amongst our customers and I'm sure that as soon as we're in a position to do so the developers would love to see this done just because we know it would make so many people happy.

I shall add your thoughts to the existing feature request though. For now MrC's suggestion is probably the best there is. If you're not making use of the Server category already you could twist it's definition to mean devices or a Secure Note with a certain tag might be an alternative too. Sorry we couldn't offer anything better in our response today :(

ref: OPM-1643

This discussion has been closed.