Trying to sync mac with android using dropbox.

Options
1435ash
1435ash
Community Member

Downloaded dropbox app from apple store. When I clicked on the start dropbox, got this: “Dropbox.app” can’t be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed. Did I purchase the wrong app? What do I do now?

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.10.5
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb:dropbox-app-not-installed, kb-search:sync mac android, kb:sync-options, ug:mac/sync-dropbox, kb:dropbox-app-not-installed

Comments

• Hey @1435ash! Sorry you're having trouble setting up Dropbox sync. Where did you download the Dropbox app from exactly? You mention it was the Apple Store, but Dropbox is currently not available on the App Store, so I'm a bit confused there.

The message you're receiving is usually for apps downloaded from the Internet and not the Mac App Store. If you downloaded Dropbox from their website, you may receive this message. As long as you know you downloaded it directly from Dropbox using this link, you can bypass this warning by right-clicking the Dropbox app and selecting Open, then clicking Open once again to confirm.

Hopefully that clears up a bit of the confusion. Let me know how the setup goes. :)

• 1435ash
    1435ash
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help - got it synced

• @1435ash Glad to hear it! If you have any other questions, feel free to let us know!

This discussion has been closed.