tried using dropbox and wifi; ran into problems

bv922
bv922
Community Member

I have a mac and a samsung galaxy 5. I was using 1password on the samsung, but now can't access it. Tried using dropbox and wifi to sync but ran into problems. I'm not tech savy and don't know what the wifi password is to do this. Dropbox also wasn't successful. Please help

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:having trouble getting passwords on samsung again. please help

Comments

• bv922
    bv922
    Community Member

Once again, I can't open 1Password on my Samsung Galaxy 5! What's going on? It was working again and now it's not!!! Getting very frustrated.

• bv922
    bv922
    Community Member

1password version: 5.3.2
    OS version: 10.10.5

• Hey @bv922. I've gone ahead and merged your posts into one thread. :)

The last time you successfully synced 1Password on your Android, did you do so using Dropbox or WiFi? Also, when you say you can't open 1Password on your S5, can you tell me which screen you're seeing? Are you stuck on the Master Password prompt screen, or can you unlock the app with your Master Password?

• bv922
    bv922
    Community Member

After many hours of working on this, with a little outside help, I'm now getting 1Password. What worries me now is that when I'm traveling, especially overseas, this will happen again and I won't have access to help. Why am I having so many problems with this? I'm not very tech oriented, and each time this happens, it takes me days to get it back again.

• Hey @bv922. Sorry, but I'm not quite certain what the problem is exactly.

Were you able to get your devices syncing using Dropbox? If so, your devices will sync automatically from wherever you are, so you won't need to worry about traveling.

If you're syncing using WiFi, however, both your Mac and Android will need to be on the same network and you'll need to manually initiate sync. This might cause more trouble when traveling, as you won't be able to sync your devices if your Mac is at home and your Android is with you abroad.

If you're still having any trouble syncing, please provide a few details about the problem, and we'll be more than happy to help get things sorted out.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.