Feature Request - More Large Font Capabilities

Options
kim1klipp
kim1klipp
Community Member

I was quite excited to see the new large font feature... Unfortunately, it is somewhat less than I hoped for.
Firstly, it is not just the password field that needs to be larger. I frequently find that there are online forms where I cannot copy/paste details such as credit card information. Credit cards are the most problematic because they are long strings of numbers.
Second, I think it would be better to display the large font for such fields all the time rather than requiring a click to display the field with large font. I would prefer the ability to specify the fontsize in preferences. I guess that the challenge is making the feature that same in Desktop versions as the Phone version. However, I use the mac version in a very different way than the iPhone version.
Also, the large font displays is smack dab in the middle of the screen. This is unhelpful on the mac version because it become obscured when the browser window is selected. It would be better if it could be moved or re-positioned to the left or right so it can remain visible when typing in a different window.
I have used 1 Password for many years and I really appreciate your continued development and new features - Thanks!

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @kim1klipp,

The intent behind that particular feature is that the large type allowed us to add superscript to the text. The index is to make it easier for people with sites that ask for x, y & z characters from there password. I still hope for better for things like contrast, font size etc. anything where it might be deemed an accessibility item as I know we have people that struggle with 1Password due to eyesight issues for example. For the same reason I want us to work well with VoiceOver. So we still have requests relating to this and we don't believe they've been met by this feature.

You're also correct about the positioning and we now have a request regarding this too. Here's to more continued development :wink:

ref: OPM-3217

• Summitlake
    Summitlake
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

I still hope for better for things like contrast, font size etc. anything where it might be deemed an accessibility item as I know we have people that struggle with 1Password due to eyesight issues for example."

Thanks - that fits my situation exactly. It is not just a 1Password issue, but a Mac issue and even a webpage issue (Safari). I did not see a "large font" option in my 1Password 5.4.1 ... would really like to see a Boldface option if not a fuller complement of RTF-style text format options. As the previous poster noted, I realize this code would probably not be in common with the iOS and/or other mobile versions, but please don't "dumb down" 1Password Desktop as Apple is doing for many of its proprietary desktop/icloud/mobile apps! Cheers -- Alex

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Summitlake,

Thank you for your feedback about that! I'll be happy to let our developers know you'd like to have more options to make it easier to view text in 1Password. I can't make any promises about if/when more options might be added, but I think that would help a lot of other customers too!

For now (and in case you weren't already aware), there are some options in OS X that might help you with this. For example, in System Preferences > Accessibility, there's a Zoom feature that might be helpful. It's not quite the same as the features you mentioned of course, but I wanted to mention it just in case it helps.

Thanks again, and if you need anything else, we're here for you! :)

• Summitlake
    Summitlake
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Drew. Under El Capitan, it seems Accessibility features are dumbed down from the last time I had to use them. It is still just easier to increase font size or use a magnifying glass when size or low contrast becomes a problem. If your developers do come onboard with enhanced test, please leave the controls as a permanent menu (similar to what you offer right above this text box) instead of the obtrusive popups Apple Mail and Evernote are using. :-) Cheers, Alex

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Alex ( @Summitlake ),

I'm sorry to hear that the Accessibility features in El Capitan are not quite what you need. I'll pass your feedback along to our team. :)

This discussion has been closed.