AWS Console - Multiple Accounts

I have several different AWS accounts with same username, but various PW & (most importantly) account numbers to login. With separate entries in 1Password it defaults to a single set of input data between two different entries; I will add more when 1st 2 work.

So whether I select 1Password icon from browser, logins, AWS A or B, the same account is populated in the form (3x...) regardless of choice. Highlighting each item indicates distinct account numbers to be populated, but it defaults to 3x... (which I use the most, 1Password may not be populating "account" field at all).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:aws multiple accounts

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2015

Hi @daniel.cain,

I'd like to ask a few questions please while we try to figure this out.

1. What version of 1Password are you running?
    2. Assuming it isn't 1Password on a mobile device, what is your preferred browser and the version of that browser?
    3. Still assuming it isn't 1Password on a mobile device, what version of the 1Password extension is installed?

So those are just about learning a bit more about your computer so we're checking and referring to the right version when we reply.

The next is just to make sure I understand what is happening. You have two completely separate Login items in your vault and both show up in 1Password and in the 1Password mini/helper menu when opened from within your browser. You load up the AWS login page and the fields are all empty (so it isn't a browser's password manager interfering). You either click the 1Password Browser Extension icon or use the relevant keyboard shortcut for your operating system and it opens the menu offering the two items but no matter which you select here it always enters the details from only one of Login items. That is definitely unusual and certainly isn't the normal behaviour. The AWS login page, is it a standard URL for everybody or is it a custom one per account? I'm just wondering if you're free to post the URL here but that's only possible if it's a generic one that everybody uses. I haven't seen their login page personally so I'm hoping to get a better feel of what might have happened. I'm pretty sure we can work this out though as I know some of our users often have multiple AWS Login items :smile:

This discussion has been closed.