Password never worked.Did not purchase from apple store. purchased from Agile Bits

Options
cjacquelyn
cjacquelyn
Community Member

Hi I purchased the software online from Agile Bits. The password I created never worked. I have a Mac. The instructions say to get the software from the Apple Store after you go through the steps. What do I do since I did not purchase it from the Apple store?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:my password doesn, kb-search:how to change password, kb:change-master-password, kb:master-password-not-accepted, kb:starting-over

Comments

• Hey @cjacquelyn! Sorry to hear the Master Password you created didn't end up working properly. I'd be happy to help you get the licensing issue sorted out so you can continue to use your copy of 1Password, but I wasn't able to find your account in our system when I searched for the email address you used to sign up on these forums. Did you use a different email? Are you sure you purchased the AgileBits Store version of the app?

The instructions say to get the software from the Apple Store after you go through the steps. What do I do since I did not purchase it from the Apple store?

Which instructions are you referring to? For you to start over with a new vault so you can set a different Master Password, you'll need to follow this guide. You shouldn't have to download the app again, though, since you already have a copy of the AgileBits Store version on your computer. If you deleted it, still make sure to follow the same guide and re-download the app from this page.

Let us know if you have any questions about this stuff! :) Hopefully you can get up and running again in no time.

This discussion has been closed.