Browser Extension Failure

Options
zendao
zendao
Community Member

I am currently running Mac OS 10.11 on my 2011 iMa with Safari 9.0, Firefox 41.0.2 and Password 5.4.1. The 1Password extension works fine in the browsers, then I get an error message "Looking for the 1Password app. The 1Password app must be installed for the extension to work properly." When I try to launch 1Password app itself, it is unresponsive and I have for quit. The only way to get it to work again, I have to reinstall the browser extension. I have down this twice so far. Has this happened anyone else and how can I fix this?

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: Mac OS X 41.0.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zendao,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with 1Password and the 1Password extension!

From your description, it sounds like the extension stops working because 1Password (and therefore 1Password mini, which the extension connects to) becomes unresponsive. I'm not sure why reinstalling the browser extension would solve that, though.

The first thing I would suggest is to quit your web browsers and 1Password, and reboot your Mac. After it restarts, does the problem happen again? If so, how long does it usually take for the problem to start? If you open the main 1Password app before the problem starts, does it work correctly?

When the problem happens and you try to launch the main 1Password app, what exactly do you see? Does the main window open, or does it get stuck just trying to launch at all?

When 1Password becomes unresponsive, try clicking the 1Password mini icon in your Mac's menu bar. Does that work? If not, what happens?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.