Automatic update of existing login

Options
Philipp
Philipp
Community Member

Hello,
I have a website there was something changed. So there it is possible, that 1P is filling out the details (user and password), but the automatic login is not starting, I have to click to enter always.

So I know it is possible to update an entry with clicking on 1Password Mini => clicking on the gear => save new login => update existing login.

• The problem is if I do this workflow before I click to enter, 1Password is not updating the information for automatic login process => The automatic login is not working at the next time.
  • If I do this workflow after clicking to enter 1Password Mini is doing nothing after clicking on save new login. The box with update existing login does not appear.

So how can I update an existing login correct?

1Password Version: 5.4 (540046)
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The usual solution for problems like this is to re-create and save the login manually. Have you tried that?

Stephen

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Stephen,

thanks for your reply - Also with this workflow (creating a new login instead of updating the existing one) 1P couldn't login on this website. I have to click the enter key. I sent you a "problem with website" ticket and wrote into the comments the link to this discussion...

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Philipp,

Can you help me out, is the issue just that 1Password isn't submitting after filling and is it working on other sites?

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that's right. 1P doesn't log in after fill out the fields. On other pages 1P is doing this.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Philipp,

It could be the site in question. If you're happy to post the URL in our public forums I can take a look and see what I find. It's rare but I've come across one or two instances where the form doesn't react to the enter key, which is how we submit the form. Instead these forms insist that the button is clicked and we can't mimic that.

This discussion has been closed.