After installing, I can't create a new vault or import my existing one

Options
jonathant
jonathant
Community Member
edited November 2015 in Mac

After installing 1Password 5 and opening it up, I don't seem to be able to get this screen:

https://support.1password.com/guides/mac/new-computer.html

That would allow me to either import or set a new vault. I am running Yosemite.

Here are the option available to me after this:

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hey @jonathant! It sounds like you're currently on the Welcome to 1Password screen. All you have to do is click Awesome! Let's Get Started in the bottom right of the screen to get to the setup screen. Here's a screenshot:

Let us know if that helps! :)

• jonathant
    jonathant
    Community Member
    Options

I finally got it to work after I got it to work on El Capitan. I couldn't get it to work in Yosemite.

Now a worst thing happened:

I use dropbox to sync my keychain. I somehow had two keychains in my dropbox account. Not sure why it picked up the latest one and now I lost a lot of my passwords since it merged with a very old version in one of my folders. It got merged and most of the data disappeared.

I can't seem to find where the newer one is in my dropbox folder. Where does 1password store this in dropbox?

• jonathant
    jonathant
    Community Member
    Options

update: was able to restore the keychain from my ipad and set it all up in my mac again. that was a close call.

• Hi @jonathant,

Great to hear that you were able to restore the keychain from the iPad. I'm really sorry that this process wasn't a lot smoother for you. We'd love to make this whole setup process easier for you. Would you mind giving us some feedback about what wasn't clear enough, where we could have done better, etc? It's great that you were able to fix it up yourself, but the truth is that the app should have done more work for you in the first place so that you wouldn't need to.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.