I am using OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and 1PW 3 keeps crashing before I can do anything.

Options
writerwillcraig
writerwillcraig
Community Member

I purchased 1PW 5 but can't install it until I jump through a formidable number of complicated hoops. I see no instructions for sending you a diagnostic report for OS X 10.11. Can you make this simpler to use?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:uninstall-v3-extension, kb:diagnostics

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @writerwillcraig,

So sorry for the trouble you're experiencing here.

This guide outlines the steps to upgrade from 1Password 3 to 5 on Mac.

How do I upgrade 1Password for Mac from version 3?

If you run into problems with that, here are the instructions to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac.

If you do send us a Diagnostics Report, please include a link to this discussion thread in your email. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. If you post that number here, we can track down the report and ensure that it is handled quickly. :)

I hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything else!

• ollerhead
    ollerhead
    Community Member
    Options

I am having exactly the same problem and the instructions for sending a diagnostic report do not cover OS X 10.11 El Capitan.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ollerhead,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with 1Password! Can you please elaborate on the problem you're having? The OP said that 1Password 3 "keeps crashing" in the title of this forum discussion, but gave us very few other details, so we'll need to know more about your setup, what you're trying to do, and what's happening on your Mac. You said it's "exactly the same problem", does that mean you're trying to upgrade from 1Password 3 to 1Password 5 on El Capitan? Does the 1Password 3 app crash when you try to open it?

If you're trying to upgrade to 1Password 5, you don't necessarily need to open 1Password 3 at all. Version 5 is installed separately from version 3, and the first time you open it, 1Password 5 should be able to find your 1Password 3 data.

The more details you can give us about what you're trying to do and what happens when you try to do that, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.