Secure notes not syncing between Mac and IOS

Options
noakley
noakley
Community Member

I have installed iPassword on an IOS device running 6.02 of 1Password. I am trying to sync using icloud to a Mac running version 4.4.2 The sync worked successfully however Secure notes did not sync from the Mac to the iphone.

I tried turning off icloud and synced via wifi which worked successfully and also deleted the icloud data, all Secure notes appeared on the iphone.

I then then turned icloud back on and merged the data. I then created a new secure note on the Mac and it still did not sync with the iphone. Also does not work the other way round, ie created note on iphone does not appear on Mac.

Any suggestions please

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:data-locations, kb:diagnostics, kb-search:clear cache, kb:privacy-rich-icons, kb-search:clear cache

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @noakley,

If you're trying to synchronise 1Password 6 for iOS and 1Password 4 for Mac then iCloud won't be an option available to you I'm afraid. The reason is iCloud Sync changed a lot in 1Password 5 when we moved from the old iCloud Sync to CloudKit, the sync framework that came as part of Apple's new iCloud Drive. The two aren't compatible meaning iCloud can't be used to communicate between 1Password 5 or newer and 1Password 4. I take it you're running Mavericks as if you're running Yosemite or El Capitan then 1Password 5 is a free update to all 1Password 4 customers. Now Dropbox and Wi-Fi Sync are both sync options that can work between 1Password 4 and 1Password 5 or newer.

Does any of this help?

This discussion has been closed.