tried to download a new app from the app store but I don't know my password [Resolved]

Options
samrussell
samrussell
Community Member
edited November 2015 in Mac

I cant access my password program I keep getting the "Failed to Connect to mini" error. I have tried to follow your help instructions but when I go to the 'app store' I need my password to download a new version.
Starting to panic!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I need help with "Failed to Connect to mini" error

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

@samrussell if this sticky at the top of the forum doesn't help please tell us:

(If you can't open 1P to discover the version number find the 1P app in your Applications folder, right click on it and choose Get Info.)

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @samrussell,

I'm sorry you're having trouble opening 1Password! In addition to the information Stephen asked you for, can you let us know if you're using 1Password on any other devices?

Once we have a bit more information, we'll have a better idea how to help get things sorted out for you. Thanks! :)

• samrussell
    samrussell
    Community Member
    Options

Hi and thank you!
    The 'Sticky' does not apply to this problem.
    1 Password 5
    OS X EL Capitan...Version 10.11.1
    I have removed the program from the applications program and downloaded another version from your website. But the error message is just the same.......... 1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini.
    I am also using 1Password on my iPad air and iPhone 6 with no problems at all.
    I hope this makes some sense to you.
    Sam....

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @samrussell,

Just in case you haven't already seen it, please take a look at this knowledgebase article: Troubleshooting “1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini”

If you've already followed all the steps there, including the steps to remove extra copies of 1Password from your Mac, then in order to help us figure out what's going on, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

• samrussell
    samrussell
    Community Member
    Options

support ID is [#XQW-43283-317]

• Hey @samrussell,

Just to confirm we received your report, so will continue the conversation over email :)

Cheers!

ref: XQW-43283-317

• samrussell
    samrussell
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greig and everyone who helped me with this problem. All is back to normal and I have resumed breathing.
    Many thanks for a very professional help line!
    Regards
    Sam Russell

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Sam ( @samrussell ),

I'm so glad to hear that your'e all sorted out!

Since this particular issue is resolved, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support+forum@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.