Update tab in preferences

Options
DiverDoc
DiverDoc
Community Member

I just downloaded 1Password for my mac. However I noticed there is no "Updates" tab (to select automatic updates) in my preferences. It seems like I have all the other tabs ( General, Security, Watchtower, etc) but no "Updates".

Can someone please help?

Thanks

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/new-computer-wi-fi, ug:mac/new-computer-icloud, ug:mac/updates-preferences, ug:mac/, kb-search:no update preferences

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DiverDoc,

I suspect you purchased 1Password for Mac from Apple's Mac App Store didn't you. One of the requirements of entry into the Mac App Store is that all updates go through Apple. That's why the Mac App Store version of 1Password doesn't have an Updates tab while the AgileBits Store, which is dependent on our own site does. As soon as a new version of 1Password for Mac is available in the Mac App Store the App Store application on your Mac will notify you unless you have already instructed it to simply download updates as they're available.

It's for the very same reason you don't have a 1Password licence while our AgileBits Store customers do. In the Mac App Store purchases are tied to your Apple ID. We don't have the same infrastructure to work with so in the AgileBits Store version we use licence files.

Does this help explain what you're seeing at all?

• DiverDoc
    DiverDoc
    Community Member
    Options

That is correct, I did purchase the app in the Apple Mac Store. Yes that helps a lot and answers my question.

Thank you!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome @DiverDoc. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask :smile:

This discussion has been closed.