Site vs MAS version

Options
cvk
cvk
Community Member

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a detailed comparative table for Site vs Mac App Store version of 1Password. And if you support the option to change from one version to the other.

Also, I found that I recently missed a great deal to purchase 1Password with 50% discount. Is there any discounts coming up any time soon?

Thank you,
Valantis

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

The only functional difference of consequence between the Mac App Store version and the one from the AgileBits web store is that only the one from Apple can sync data among devices through iCloud. There is a path to switch from the Mac App Store version to the one sold directly by AgileBits, but the reverse isn't possible without buying another license from Apple. Apple provides no way for developers to transfer licenses to them and also no mechanism to offer discounts to individuals, including paid upgrades when those come along. AgileBits can and does do both.

There is more discussion about this choice in this knowledge base article: Should I buy 1Passwod from the AgileBits Store or the Mac App Store.

Sales do come along periodically, but the company doesn't announce them in advance. They are announced when they come along on Facebook, Twitter, and the company's blog.

• cvk
    cvk
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you hawkmoth!

Well, I think I'll go for the site version because updates sometimes take forever to go public in MAS.

• Hey @cvk! Glad to see hawkmoth was able to help you out and that you've decided on a version of 1Password best suited for your environment. Let us know if you have any questions about the app. :) We're here to help out.

• cvk
    cvk
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @penderworth. Just purchased the app ;)

• Awesome! Have fun. :+1: :lol:

This discussion has been closed.