I have a new computer, prior was reformatted. Need activation on this one [email address removed]

Options
donbutt
donbutt
Community Member
edited November 2015 in Mac

My former MacBook Air was sold, but the apps were trashed first. I would like to use my second licensed copy on this computer, a MacBook Pro.
Thanks

1Password Version: 5
Extension Version: 5.4.1
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:license-file-faq, kb:add-license, kb:license-file-faq

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

@donbutt - I deleted your email address from the title of your post to protect your privacy. It seems unlikely to me that you are interested in attracting the spam that such information will attract when it is posted in a public forum.

Your license covers your use on as many devices of the same platform as you use yourself. So all you would need to do to install a registered copy on the new Mac is install a fresh copy on the new machine.

If your copy came from the Mac App Store, you can download it from the Purchases tab in the Mac App Store while you are logged in under the Apple ID you used to buy the license. Licensing is handled by Apple and is tied to the Apple ID used for the purchase; nothing else is needed.

If your license came from the AgileBits web store, you would just install the license file, the same way you did on your old machine. If you don't have access to the license file, you can have the information needed to install it resent if you go to the main AgileBits Support page and scroll to the bottom. There you will find a field in which to enter the email address you used when you bought your license to generate a return message that includes a link to click to install your license to your new copy of the application.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @donbutt,

Hawkmoth's answer was spot-on! I hope that was helpful for you.

I searched in our system for the email address from your forum account and was able to find a few licenses for you, including one for 1Password 5 for Mac. I resent your license info to that email address. After you get a copy of 1Password 5 from our download site and put it in the Applications folder, you'll be able to click a link to apply your 1Password 5 license file in the email. We have more information here: How do I add my license to 1Password?

Hopefully you're all set, but if you need more help with that, just let us know. :)

ref: 295104

This discussion has been closed.