I need help with a bad sync.

Options
laust
laust
Community Member

I had one iCloud account with my data stored. Then, I set up a new iCloud account for work. I never changed any of my 1Password data on that work account. Knowing that I didn't want two sets of passwords. Now I decided to switch back to one iCloud acccount, and when I did, all the data from my 1 password failed to sync correctly, and though I see all my entries, the actual usernames and passwords are not there on my work computer. They still appear on my home devices.... Help?

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:icloud-faq

Comments

• Hey @laust! I might need a bit more info on this to help you out. Let's take a look at what we have so far:

I had one iCloud account with my data stored.

I'm assuming this was your personal account, which you originally used to sync your data.

Then, I set up a new iCloud account for work. I never changed any of my 1Password data on that work account.

So, you created a new iCloud account for work matters. You said you didn't change your 1Password data on that account, but did you add your 1Password data to it in the first place? If so, could you explain a bit more what you mean by not changing the data?

Knowing that I didn't want two sets of passwords.

Are you talking about the passwords for each iCloud account or the Master Passwords for each vault that was stored in iCloud?

Now I decided to switch back to one iCloud acccount, and when I did, all the data from my 1 password failed to sync correctly, and though I see all my entries, the actual usernames and passwords are not there on my work computer.

The first thing to check here would be that your data is indeed synced to the correct iCloud account. You cannot sync 1Password data to more than one account. If you've synced your data to your personal account, it will not be in your work account as well. You would have to sign out of iCloud on that computer (in System Preferences > iCloud), then sign in with the account you want to use for syncing, which seems like the work account.

Hopefully that helps clear some stuff up. For the remainder of the questions, I'll just need that extra info from you. We'll get this sorted out. :)

• laust
    laust
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

I did add my 1Password data. So basically, I had a carbon copy of my personal 1Password data on my work 1Password account. What I meant about not changing the data, was that since I now had two copies of the data, I only made changes to my personal 1Password account, knowing that it would get too confusing having two different 1Password accounts (I know this sounds like a disaster, and it was, hence the reason I'm trying to revert to one 1Password account.)

I didn't want two 1Password accounts/passwords.

I have logged out of my work iCloud account, and back into my personal iCloud account. When I did, I could see all my entries, but as I mentioned, the website, the username, and the password data are no where to be found. Here is an image of what that looks like. Thanks!

• @laust Thanks for getting back so quickly. It sounds like things may not have synced correctly after moving the accounts for some reason. To fix that, start by verifying that the data on your home computer is correct. If it is, you can proceed to disable iCloud sync on that computer and remove the data from iCloud as well. You'll want to make sure you're signed in to the correct iCloud account first. And remember, you can't switch between accounts without sync breaking later on. Follow the steps here to cycle iCloud sync:

How to reset iCloud data and start fresh

Give things a few minutes to sync, then head over to your work computer (not sure how far it is, but if it's rather far you can always wait until tomorrow). There, it's best to simple start over with an empty vault. You can then add your data from iCloud during setup. Make sure, of course, that you're signed in to the correct iCloud account first.

Hope that helps get things rolling. Let us know if you have any questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.