1Password Damaged Error Message

Options
pops1368
pops1368
Community Member

Hi,

I have been running 1Password without any issues, until today when I attempted to open the app, it displays a progress bar "Verifying" and then a dialogue box opened advising "1Password” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “1Password” and download it again from the app store. However, the extension in Firefox works without any issues as does 1Password Mini, it is the main app that is causing the issues. I would like to know what may have caused this problem and if there are any inherent risks of loosing all my passwords during this process, suggested? As I am unable to access the app, I am unable to provide what version I am running, however, I believe it may well be the latest 5.4?

Kind regards

Comments

• bikracer
    bikracer
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same problem so I restarted my computer and then got a message that I hadn't bought the app on this computer, which I did. It wanted me to sign in with my AppleID, which I did and am now crossing my fingers. It seems to be working.
    I am using v5.4

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@pops1368
    @bikeracer

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/52042/mac-app-store-app-damaged-prompted-for-apple-id#latest

If you do, preform a re install, do NOT use an app cleaner. Simply move the app to the trash and download a new copy.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pops1368 and @bikracer,

I hope the link from thightower's reply helps to solve the problem! Just to reiterate what it says in that post, that error is related to a certificate issue that affected various Mac App Store apps. It's not a bug with 1Password and your data is 100% safe, despite the scary messages.

If you're still having any trouble with that, please let us know. Thanks! :)

• bikracer
    bikracer
    Community Member
    Options

So far so good for me and all I did is what I outlined above. No reinstall just a computer restart and then I reentered my AppleID when it was requested.

• @bikracer Wonderful! If anything else crops up, you know where to find us. :sunglasses:

• pops1368
    pops1368
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Drew_AG

I tried the thightower suggested to resolve this issue and unfortunately, it hasn't worked for me. Should I remove 1Password and then attempt to re-install it via the App Store?

• pops1368
    pops1368
    Community Member
    Options

Update

Guys,

I have managed to resolve the issue. Solution - I uninstalled 1Password and then attempted to find the app via the App Store and I could not find it and after searching through my emails I realised that I had purchased it directly from Agilebits. I therefore had to download the app and re-installed 1Password and hey presto all working. Happy days :)

Thanks for all your input, very much appreciated

• @pops1368 Glad you worked it out. :) No problem at all for the input. We're here if you need us.

This discussion has been closed.