I have not been able install the extension on El Capitan

Options
dovie_pasutti
dovie_pasutti
Community Member
edited November 2015 in Mac

I tried to follow directions to uninstall the 1Password 3 browser extension. I'm using Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.1. My 1Password worked perfectly before and would sync with the app on both my iPad and iPhone. I am not real tech savvy when it comes to the Mac, so that is probably part of the problem. When I upgraded the OS the original 1Password icon was replaced by a new one. Is there anything that can be done?

1Password Version: 3.9.20
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:uninstall-v3-extension, kb:diagnostics

Comments

• Hey @dovie_pasutti,

Sorry you're having some trouble installing the new extension. Could you start by downloading it here? https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

Once you click the green Install button you'll be guided through the installation process for your browser, which is fairly quick. Then you should be all set. :)

My 1Password worked perfectly before and would sync with the app on both my iPad and iPhone.

You reported that you're syncing with iCloud. Do you have iCloud sync set up in the Mac app as well as the iOS ones? You'll need the Mac App Store version of 1Password in order to use iCloud sync; if you don't have it you can switch to Dropbox or WiFi sync to keep the data consistent across your devices. Let us know how things go!

This discussion has been closed.