When copying cards from one vault to the next, Attachments aren't included in the second vault.

Options
BrentMadison
BrentMadison
Community Member

Using El Capitan 10.11.1 and 1Password Version 5.4 (540046) Mac App Store - I have created a second vault, but when copying cards to that second vault, attachments in the primary vault do not cross over to the second vault. Things work as expected when I 'move' cards between vaults, but 'copy' does not work. I attempted to duplicate the cards in the primary vault, but the created copy also did not have the attachments. The only work around that I have found is to export cards from the primary vault and then import them into secondary vault to have the attachments included.

I have been an avid user of 1password for years once coming to Mac from windows. I still use Roboform and keep both running together. My work computer will not permit me to install applications and I can operate roboform from a USB drive on a windows machine. My preference is 1Password by far, and encrypted attachments are a big plus (Please tell me these attachments are encrypted ????) Truly appreciate the hard work you all do!!

Loving Tags More and More especially with multiple vaults!! PLEASE create a way to tag more than one card at a time. 600 cards in my primary vault and I can't tag them except one at a time.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 5.4 (540046) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 1Pass (beta) 4.5.0.b2
OS Version: El Capitan 10.11.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Jacob
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hey there @BrentMadison! The first thing I'm curious about is what are you referring to when you say "cards"? Are they Logins or a specific type of item, or does this apply to every type of item? I just tried a few items, from Software Licenses to Logins, and wasn't able to reproduce the issue of losing the attachment when copying an item to a different vault so maybe I can test something more specific and see if the problem lies there.

I still use Roboform and keep both running together. My work computer will not permit me to install applications and I can operate roboform from a USB drive on a windows machine.

Aww, I'm sorry about that. You should bug them about it and see if you can convert them all to 1Password. :sunglasses: It's quite the endeavor, but it's definitely worth it.

Loving Tags More and More especially with multiple vaults!! PLEASE create a way to tag more than one card at a time. 600 cards in my primary vault and I can't tag them except one at a time.

Thanks for the suggestion. There actually is a way to do this. Simply select the items by clicking one, holding , and clicking the others (or Shift if you want to select a few in a row) then drag them to the tag in the sidebar to add that tag to them. Make sure the Tags section is expanded in your sidebar first of course. :) Let us know how that goes.

This discussion has been closed.