Just update OS X El Capitan "late 2008" mac book, since 1 password keeps crashing when login?

Just update OS X El Capitan on my "late 2008" mac book and since 1 password keeps crashing when login after about three times of re- opening the app, it comes up with this error pop up

"NSInvalidArgumentException Exception:-[_NSCFType_updateFrame:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x10034e9a0

Can you please advise me what to do?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@thebigd1962: Sure! You've got a few options:

First and foremost, 1Password shouldn't be crashing. You've either got a damaged copy of the app, or some other system issue. I'd try installing a fresh copy from our site. 1Password 3 is not compatible with El Capitan, but it is able to at least run reliably. ;)

1Password 3 overall has some issues on El Capitan since it was designed back in 2009. 1Password 3 has not been under active development for years and won't be receiving updates. The only way to get 1Password 3 to work the way it did on an earlier OS X version would be to go back to that (Yosemite or earlier). Obviously that's not something I'd recommend, as you won't benefit from security updates. It also doesn't support the latest browsers, which, again, is a concern both for security and convenience.

The best thing to do would be to upgrade to 1Password 5, which fully supports El Capitan. This is a paid upgrade if you do not already have a valid 1Password 4/5 license, but you can use your existing license to get upgrade pricing from the AgileBits Store. Otherwise you can continue using 1Password 3, but if you're using it on an unsupported OS with unsupported browsers it won't be able to work as intended.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.