Not detecting password changes

Options
tjevans
tjevans
Community Member
edited November 2015 in Mac

1Password is no longer automatically detecting when I change passwords. After I change a password, I must edit the saved entry for that site. This happens on every site, it is not an isolated incident.

EDIT: Something I just noticed: If I use the 1password extension to generate a new password and automatically fill the field for the new password, then 1Password does not detect the change. If, however, I merely copy the newly generated password and paste it manually into the new password field, then 1Password does detect the change.

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tjevans,

I'm sorry you aren't being prompted by 1Password to update Login items after clicking the 'Fill' button to change website passwords! This is definitely a bug in the current version of the 1Password extension, and I apologize for the inconvenience. It's been fixed in the latest 1Password extension beta, and barring any unforeseen circumstances, the fix should be included in the next regular update for the extension. I don't have a timeframe for that, but in the meantime, if you'd like to install the beta extension, just follow these steps:

Alternately (and as you've already discovered), you can copy & paste the generated password (instead of clicking 'Fill') and when you submit the form, 1Password should prompt you to update the Login item.

Again, I'm sorry for the trouble! Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you need anything else. Thanks! :)

ref: OPX-1049

• tjevans
    tjevans
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I didn't know if it was just me or if it was a known bug.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It's definitely not just you, @tjevans! ;) This is definitely a bug on our end. Hopefully one of my suggestions above will help. We're here for you if you need more help! :)

This discussion has been closed.