Failed to load properties error when switching vault in web interface.

When I switch vault in the web interface, I got the following error:

OSX works ok. I was using Chrome. Cmd-R didn't help. I could make the error disappear by selecting the URL and pressing enter. I got the login screen and after logging in again it worked. I guess somehow the session was expired and it hadn't redirected me to the login screen?

1Password Version: 1Password 5 Version 5.5.BETA-27 (550027)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:currentelement

Comments

• JoeGNZ
    JoeGNZ
    Community Member
    edited December 2015

Did you get any answer for this?

I got this error after I tried putting "ftp://(url) into the URL field of a "Login", so it did not default to HTTP there. Then that error came up right away, and subsequently whenever I switched to that vault.

Also could NOT delete the login after that, NOR edit it.

In FireFox it is a variation: It says “Failed to load vault: n is null”.

• JoeGNZ
    JoeGNZ
    Community Member

May have an answer... my colleague has updated the "URL Field" I had added ftp:// to, using his "my 1Password for Mac" client and now it seems to be OK.

The reason I tried this, was I couldn't decide whether to use a "Login" or a "Server" to record passwords for FTP accounts. I settled on "Login" but then the only place to put the FTP://(url) was into the "URL Field" ...but then I didn't like that it thought it was HTTP.

• rdouma
    rdouma
    Community Member

Hi @JoeGNZ,

I think you're on the right track; I could now reproduce. I switched to a vault that as a first element had an FTP entry (a login with website URL ftp://hostname/). I didn't even select the entry. The moment I want to switch vaults I get this message.

If someone at AgileBits wants to have a video I can provide that.

Cheers,

Remco

• Thank you for reporting this issue! We will get it fixed asap.

• rdouma
    rdouma
    Community Member

You're welcome @roustem. :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.