Creating New Categories - Should Be a Feature

davesens
davesens
Community Member

I've been a long time user of 1Password. One of the most frustrating "features" for me are Categories. My list of logins is as long as my arm and searching for the right category is time consuming. If I could create new categories such as, "Banking", "Utilities", it would substantially reduce the list of logins, making it easier and faster.

Even the ability to add sub categories to "Logins" would make my life with 1Password a world easier. I do believe that at least one of the products that strives to steal loyal users of 1Password offer this feature. Saying that however, helps me to realize how superior 1Password is in all other facets of data security.

Please consider adding a feature to allow the end user to create new categories or add sub-categories to the Login category. I've been longing for this feature for years. I'm sure many other end users would love to see this too.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/, ug:mac/categories, kb-search:add new category , kb:pro-features-faq, kb-search:new category

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @davesens,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback & suggestion! We really appreciate it.

We often receive requests from customers about adding new item categories to store information that doesn't really fit well into any other category. However, if I understand what you're saying, you have a very long list of Login items for website accounts, and you're looking for a way to organize those to make it easier for you to find the one you want. For example, you suggested creating categories called "Banking" and "Utilities" - would those be to store information you use to sign into bank and utility websites? If so, that's what the Logins item category is for.

If you're simply looking for a way to organize your Login items, that's actually already possible by using Folders or Tags (and possibly Smart Folders). For example, you could put your bank-related items in a folder called "Bank Logins", or you could add a "banking" tag to those items.

Does that help at all? If I misunderstood your request, please let us know. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.