(-10810) Message after Mac reboot and restart from 1Password

Options
visualdock
visualdock
Community Member

I get the following pop up error message by starting up 1Password after having rebooted my macbook pro 13" retina early 2015:
Der Vorgang konnte nicht abgeschlossen werden. /Users/JD/Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/1Password_Autosubmit.scpt:140:156: execution error: Es ist ein Fehler „-10810“ aufgetreten. (-10810)

Please advice help.
Thank you.
Best regards, Uwe

1Password Version: 5.4 App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:diagnostics

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @visualdock,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Although I don't know exactly why that error is appearing, it seems to be referring to the auto-submit script which is installed by the Mac App Store version of 1Password. It's a very simple script which simulates pressing the Enter key when the 1Password extension fills your login information on a website.

You can try deleting the auto-submit script to see if that solve the problem. Even without that script, 1Password should still be able to automatically submit login forms on many (if not all) of the sites where you have logins. Here are the steps to remove that script:

1. Close all browsers and 1Password.
    2. In the Finder, go to the following folder: ~/Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper
    3. Delete the 1Password_Autosubmit.scpt file.
    4. Reboot your Mac.

Does that help? Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions about that. Thanks!

• visualdock
    visualdock
    Community Member
    Options

It worked. Thank you very much. Best Uwe

• @visualdock On behalf of Khad, you're welcome. Feel free to get in touch if you need anything else. :)

• MikeMadden51
    MikeMadden51
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem on my MacbookAir. I attempted the same fix, but the folder ~/Library/Application Scripts does not exist. Ideas?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Just to be sure, you have found the ~/Library folder? I ask because this is hidden by default, and also is not searched by Spotlight.

If you use the Go menu in the Finder and press the Option key, you will find that your Library is now listed.

But maybe you knew this already, and the Application Scripts folder does not show up when you look.

• Hi @MikeMadden51 ,

danco provides excellent advice. Hold the option key down and choose Library from the Go menu while in the Finder. You should see the folder there. If not, please confirm and we can search for another solution.

Regards,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.