Export Info to different service?

wentworthss
wentworthss
Community Member

Hi
I may, unfortunately, have to switch to another password service b/c I just got a Kindle Fire and it seems that 1password doesn't work there just yet. If I need to do this, is it possible to export the data so I don't loose all my passwords? I love 1password and hate to leave but I need a single service that works across platforms.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: 4.5.1
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:kindle fire, kb-search:export info to new service

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@wentworthss you need to:

• investigate the 'Export' options under the 1P5 > File > Export menu; and
    • know what format your new password manager on the Kindle Fire will import.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @wentworthss,

We're sorry to hear the Kindle has been a deal breaker for the continued use of 1Password but there wouldn't be any point giving any false sense of hope, I don't know what supporting the Kindle would entail but it isn't on our roadmap at the moment.

The 1Password Interchange Format (.1pif) is an accurate representation of all the data stored inside the vault and uses the JSON format. We can't guarantee another application or services supports it but we've made it easy to do so. The delimited text formats would allow you to export the key components of the items but they're not great formats and it's easy to potentially lose bits of data so you'd want to be careful and make sure after using it.

This discussion has been closed.