Windows 7

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:import

Comments

• Hi @so_nilsson,

We don't have a lot of experience with PasswordSafe and I checked our import tools, we don't have any support for PasswordSafe.

The last time a customer wrote in, it turns out PasswordSafe doesn't include the URLs in their export file, making it difficult to import into 1Password to enable the filling with. However, this has been a while and it is possible they added the support since then.

Can you do a quick export of a few of your items on your PC and look at the data, does it seem like it is exporting everything including the URL? We might be able to import it with the help of @MrC as he's our awesome expert on creating import/export scripts.

It may be easier to use 1Password alongside with PasswordSafe and save data into 1Password when you use your data from PasswordSafe.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2016
    Options

@so_nilsson,

Can you tell me the exact version, and provide a link to its site where I can download?

• so_nilsson
    so_nilsson
    Community Member
    Options

MrC
    I have PasswordSafe V3.29 and here you find the download link https://pwsafe.org/

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @so_nilsson ,

I'll take a look at the export again tomorrow. I have version 3.34 installed, by the way.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @so_nilsson ,

The XML export from pwsafe looks good (3.38, not sure what older versions look like). I'll create a converter for you this weekend and will update you via this post when it is ready (you'll get a notification). Please be sure you are comfortable with the instructions in the first post of the converter suite thread, and in the README.pdf file in the downloaded suite (go ahead and download it now, and read the README steps).

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@so_nilsson ,

The passwordsafe converrter is now available in the 1.09 version in Testing Bits. Follow the instructions in the first post of the converter suite thread, and in the README.pdf in the download.

Recent changes I made to the converter suite allowed me to easily support importing password histories, so this converter will import your password histories for the entries.

This converter also supports the --modified option if you want your record's modified time stamp to be set based on the timestamps in the export.

This discussion has been closed.