Sync? Extension? WHY??????

Options
AllUserNamesInUse
AllUserNamesInUse
Community Member

1PW works fine as log-in item for American Express site on iMac. On iPad/iPhone I get "user name or PW invalid" when using Safari or 1Browser. Synced several times. Other sites work fine. Also, while I've got your eyes, why does the 1PW extension require the main 1PW password EVERY SINGLE time? I'm starting to think my extension is not working properly on my iOS devices. As one might assume, my 1PW password is rather complex and typing it in every time I try to use the extension is just not worth the keystrokes.....

1Password Version: iOS 6.2.1
Extension Version: can't find this in iOS
OS Version: 9.2.1
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @AllUserNamesInUse

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Could you please try saving a new login for the American Express website?

Create a new Login item in Safari | 1Password for iOS

As for having to enter your Master Password every time, you can avoid this by turning on Touch ID (or PIN if your device is not Touch ID capable) in 1Password under Settings > Security.

Thanks!

Ben

• AllUserNamesInUse
    AllUserNamesInUse
    Community Member
    Options

Made a new log-in on the pad and on the phone using the same (previous) password. This worked for both devices. Synced devices with (unchanged) vault on iMac. Log-ins still work. I don't get it. Should I? Is this a mobile issue?

Thanks for pointing out the PIN. Between iMac, iPhone with touch-id, and iPad without touch-id, I have a lot of bases to cover.............

• Ben
    Options

I'm not sure I follow the first paragraph. Sounds like everything is now working as it should? Sometimes the field names a website offers on mobile are different from what they offer a desktop user. We do our best to guess which fields should be filled where, but sometimes simply saving a new login is the way to go. Does that answer the question?

Thanks!

Ben

• AllUserNamesInUse
    AllUserNamesInUse
    Community Member
    Options

If the mobile site is somehow different (easy to believe), why doesn't the sync convert the iOS log-ins back to the previous (incorrect) settings? Are elements of a log-in specific to a device whereas the synced material is not? Just curious - may help me to understand what's going on if this happens in the future with other log-ins.

• Ben
    Options

@AllUserNamesInUse

The field names that the mobile site gives us may make guessing where the username / password belong than the field names that the desktop site gives us. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.