Can't import 1Password 4 (Win) Backup in 1Password 6 (MAC)

gregor_1
gregor_1
Community Member

Hi,

after updating to 1Password 6 I can’t import a Backup-File from my 1Password 4 (Win). I see the Backup-File in the File-Requester, but I can’t select it. The filename is lightgrey.

The Backup-File is stored on my NAS-Drive. Changing from _zip to .zip or extracting the Backup-File doesn’t help me. Changing from .agilekeychain_zip to .1p4_zip help my to import the Backup-File into the 1Password-Backupd directory, but it doesn’t appears in Backup-File list.

My 1Password 6 update is from Agile website, I not use any App-Cleaner or similar program.

How I can import a Backup-File from 1Password 4 (Win), that is stored on a NAS-Drive, into my 1Password 6 (Mac)? Before the update it was easy possible.

Thanks for your tipps and hints.

Gregor

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi Gregor,

I'm sorry for all the trouble. The Mac and Windows versions use different formats for the backup data. If you have access to your Windows computer, you can directly copy over the .agilekeychain file and import that on the Mac.

I hope that helps.

• gregor_1
    gregor_1
    Community Member

Hi Chadseld,

Thank you for your fast response, but sorry, it doesn’t helps for me.

I’ve located the 1Password.agilekeychain on Windows under c:/users/dokument/1Password/ and copy this file (or folder) to my NAS.

Back on Mac I have the same problem as before. Filename 1Password.agilekeychain is lightgrey displayed in the file requester. No import oder restore is for me possible.

Gregor

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@gregor_1,

Instead of trying to Import, you need to point your Sync Folder to the Mac's copy of that keychain.

• gregor_1
    gregor_1
    Community Member

OK, under „Settings > Sync“ 1Password 6 point me to the path „User > Username > Library > Application Support > 1Password > 1Password.agilekeychain“, but I can’t find the path in finder.

But I found at „Username > Applications“ my first Version of 1Password 3, where I can import my Backupfiles from 1Password 4 (Win) without problem. And the MacOS-Magic works great without to know why, but now I have all files in 1Password 6 also. I don't know why I have my old 1Password 3 Version on my system.

Backupfile import in 1Password 3 and all Files are in 1Password 6 without any import too. Funny things, but it works for me now.

Gregor

• I'm glad its working now. I'm perplexed at the scenario, but as long as you have your data in 1Password 6, there is no question something went right :)

• Hi @gregor_1,

Glad to hear it's working! If you have further questions, please let us know.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.