I purchased 1password through the mac app store, how can I add my license to my wife's computer?

Options
inspectormatt
inspectormatt
Community Member

How can I share my license with my wife (your site says my license is good for up to 6 devices). Because I bought it through the mac app store I did not get a license file from you.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:add license from mac app store, kb:license-file-faq

Comments

• Hi @inspectormatt ,

The Mac App Store licenses are that they can be used on any Mac that has your Apple ID entered, or if you have set up iCloud family sharing, any of your family's AppleIDs entered.

If you have iCloud family sharing set up, your wife can open the App Store app on her Mac, go to the "Purchases Tab" and select your name from the list in the upper left corner.

If you don't have iCloud family sharing set up, you can do it in one of two ways:
    1. Make a user account for you on her Mac, enter your AppleID. Then open the App Store app, click on "Purchases" and download 1Password.
    2. Sign out your wife's AppleID out of the App Store app, and sign in with yours. Then open the App Store app, click on "Purchases" and download 1Password.

Personally, I would recommend going the family sharing route. It will make it easier when doing this with other apps and updating 1Password in the future.

If you have any questions about this, feel free to reply.

Regards,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.