1 Password won't auto fill password from Firefox (chrome works)

sanfairyanne
sanfairyanne
Community Member

I had no trouble when using 1 Password with Chrome, but I decided to use Firefox as my preferred browser. I have everything working with one exception. If I'm in Firefox and I attempt to get 1 Password to open one particular site (Wordpress) the page opens but the username and password boxes are not auto filled. However, if I first close Firefox and then ask 1 Password to open Wordpress it auto fills the details. I had success with all my other log in options; Yahoo, Gmail, Facebook etc.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: i Cloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sanfairyanne,

I'm sorry the 1Password extension isn't working well for you in Firefox! I'm sure we can help you out with this, but we'll need to know just a few more details first, if you don't mind:

• What version of Firefox are you using?
    • What version of the 1Password extension is installed in Firefox?
    • What are the exact steps you normally take to have 1Password fill your login credentials?
    • What happens if you click on the URL field of a Login item in the main 1Password app?
    • What happens if you open a website by choosing a Login item from the 1Password extension in Firefox?
    • What happens if you go to a website first, and then choose the matching Login item from the 1Password extension?
    • When using the extension, do you click the 1Password icon in Firefox's toolbar, or do you use the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut?

Thanks in advance! :)

• sanfairyanne
    sanfairyanne
    Community Member
    • Firefox 44.0

• Assuming I was logging in to a forum for the first time I would open the website for the forum, then fill in a username and password. 1 Password will then interrupt what I'm doing, it will ask for my password I'll then be given the option of saving that new Forum data login to 1 Password. Typically this works absolutely fine.
    • It opens the page, however, Wordpress does not open with the username and password auto filled.
    • By this I assume you mean the mini extension. If I do this it does work for ALL my logins, including Wordpress, however the log in data for Wordpress is not auto filled.
    • Same as above i.e. no auto fill.
    • It opens up a new tab but again no auto fill.
    • I never use either, I use the app on the dashboard, however, attempting to use the extension (I assume you mean the mini extension) works for all other sites, again with the exception of Wordpress. This is the same whether using the shortcut.

Just a quick thought, I'm not particularly adept at using computers or trying to reply accurately. Two days ago I had an issue with an Apple product. Using their help desk I was talked through the procedure over the phone. The upshot was that my problem was solved properly. No disrespect to your help service, but it's not at all easy to answer your questions properly.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @sanfairyanne! I think I understand the situation now. I'm really sorry you had a difficult time answering my questions, I didn't mean to cause more frustration for you. :( For what it's worth, your answers were very helpful for me! If I have more questions, I'll do my best to make them as clear and easy to answer as I can (and if you need any clarification on them, please let us know).

We also really appreciate your feedback on our customer service - it's one of our top priorities, as we wouldn't be here without our awesome customers! :) We're a small team and don't have the means to provide inbound phone support, so we try our best to solve problems via forums or email if at all possible. That's often beneficial as it allows you to work on the problem at your own pace, and we sometimes need screenshots or other information that cannot be sent over the phone. Depending on the issue, we're usually able to solve things quickly here, but if it becomes necessary, we can certainly try to set something else up to help you get this all sorted out.

Getting back to the problem, it sounds like this issue is specific to WordPress. I think you might be able to solve this by saving a new Login item for that site, using the following steps:

• Open Firefox and go to: www.wordpress.com
    • Click the Log In button near the top right corner of that site.
    • Enter your username and password (you can copy & paste them), but do not submit the form.
    • Click the 1Password extension icon in Firefox's toolbar (the one from your screenshot).
    • If 1Password is locked, enter your master password to unlock it.
    • Click the 'gear' icon (to the right of the Search field), then select Save new Login from the menu that appears.
    • Change the title so you can easily tell the new Login item apart from the old one.
    • Click the Save button.
    • Refresh the website (the username & password fields should be cleared), then try to have 1Password fill your info using the new Login item you just created.

The above steps work correctly for me, so hopefully they will work for you, too. Please let us know how it goes or if you have any questions about those steps. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.