Switching from Mac Store to AgileBit store, but no license show up in about box

Options
rgignac
rgignac
Community Member

Hi, I have 1Password for Mac (Mac App Store license) that I just moved to an AgileBits license. I am doing this because I now own a Windows surface 4 pro that i would like to use 1password on it too.

Is there a way to connect all my computers (MAC and Windows) on the same 1password licence and sharing the same keychains?

Thanks
Richard

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:mac-app-store-vs-agilebits-store, kb:switch-from-mac-app-store

Comments

• rgignac
    rgignac
    Community Member
    Options

Just saw that it's a different purchase in the store for mac and pc. I will need to buy the PC version if i'm not mistaken.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rgignac,

Thanks for contacting us with your question about a license for 1Password for Windows! You're correct that you'll need to purchase a separate license for the Windows version. But if you've already purchased the Mac version of 1Password, we can certainly give you a discount on a license for the Windows version.

If you bought 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store, we would just need you to email us at support+licenses@agilebits.com with a copy or screenshot of the email receipt you received from Apple. Once we receive that, we'll be able to create a coupon to give you a discount on the 1Password for Windows license.

I hope that helps, but if you have more questions, just let us know. Cheers! :)

• rgignac
    rgignac
    Community Member
    Options

Done.

Had a fast and really good support on this matter ;-)

The only thing I could complain about is that I'm Canadian buying from a Canadian company, but I need to pay in USD instead of 'our' own currency CAD. (Needed to say..)

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @rgignac. I understand the frustration with that. Currently the vast majority of our customer base is in the US, and so charging USD makes the most sense. If you can help us convince our Canadian friends that they need password management just as much as our US friends... perhaps we can look into charging CAD. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• rgignac
    rgignac
    Community Member
    Options

Done. Paid and installed on Windows 10. Vault moved to Dropbox instead of iCloud so all devices can use same vault. Thanks guys for your support!

If I may, are u guys working on a new Windows version? Like a Windows Surface Edition or Touch friendly?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rgignac,

I'm so glad to hear that you're all sorted out! It just so happens that our developers are working on something awesome for Windows. We've got a Windows 10 version of 1Password that is just about ready for beta testing ... stay tuned on our blog to hear all about it just as soon as its ready. :)

This discussion has been closed.