Modified Date changes! when only making it a favorite or moving to a folder (?)

Options
Geers1PW
Geers1PW
Community Member

Further to an earlier question (discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/10459/modified-date-changes-when-moving-entry-to-a-new-folder) I am also very careful to change anything to an item, such as making it a favorite or bundling it in a folder. Because, any minor thing you do does change the modified date! And I want to keep that item of information as a relevant date of significant change.
What can I do?! For the Mac I use the app "A Better Finder Attributes" to change it back to where it was. Now I keep a manual record (..!) of the 'modified date' of an item, after it got updated inadvertedly..
Help?
Thanks!
Gerard

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: 4.5.1
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:modified date

Comments

• Hi @Geers1PW,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience the lack of a "content changed" date is causing. Right now, any change to the item, including tags, what folder it belongs to, and making it a favourite will change the modified date. There's no way around that.

However, we also have a "password last changed" date that is not displayed, but you can use it in Smart Folders. For example, you could make a Smart folder that has "passwords changes before January 1, 2014" or others. I don't know if that helps you at all, but I wanted to make you aware of it.

We can put in a feature request for adding a "actual content modified date" if you like. If so, could you please explain your use case a little more? Having a customer use case to go along with a feature request certainly helps when deciding on and implementing new features.

Thank you,
    Kevin

• Geers1PW
    Geers1PW
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Kevin, for your attention. That 'smart folder' approach is certainly an idea I had not seen myself, although those selection conditions are not too flexible..
    I would certainly be interested to know if more users would like to see this feature added! I have already explained why I would want it. Again, in Apple's Finder a file is not seen as changed when you move it from folder to folder, or when you tag it, even when you change its name. Only when you change something essential inside. Now I find myself hesitant to touch an item in iPW for fear of changing its 'modified date' and losing its history 'stamp'.
    Thanks again,
    Gerard

• Hi Gerard,

I've opened up a request (# OPM-3763) to our development team with a link to this request. When deciding on new features, they'll include this for consideration. The Finder comparison is a good one and will help the suggestion carry more weight.

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know!

Cheers,
    Kevin

ref: OPM-3763

This discussion has been closed.