Rich icons are not showing in the application.

Options
break
break
Community Member

I have rich icons enabled, but not getting anything more than basic icons on the icon set when trying to change/update an entry.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:icons, kb:privacy-rich-icons, ug:mac/add-a-custom-icon, ug:mac/general-preferences, kb:privacy-rich-icons

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@break what exactly do you mean when you say:

not getting anything more than basic icons on the icon set

Do you mean some icons are missing (if so, which ones) or do you mean in some way the icons you receive are not the quality you expect?

Stephen

• break
    break
    Community Member
    Options

I have rich icons turned on, but only see the default icons. e.g. I see on the site nice icons for bank sites, etc. but my entries for banks only have dollar symbol. After clicking icon, I do not see those same icons or other specialized icons like Facebook, etc.

Also, how do I change my user name? - spell check fat fingered my name.

• break
    break
    Community Member
    Options

Figured this out partially - if I populate the website in some entries, a nice icon pops in. I tried this for some others and this did not work. Example.. Apple worked ok.. but United Airlines, Delta, Chase bank did not.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @break,

Sorry for any confusion about this - the 'Rich Icons' feature only applies to Logins and Software Licenses. Other types of items have a default icon that is used regardless of whether or not Rich Icons are enabled. For example, the icon for Bank Account items is a '$' symbol in a circle.

If you'd like to add your own custom icon to an item in 1Password, we explain how to do that here: Add a custom icon

I hope that helps, but if you have more questions, please let us know. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.